Friday, February 17, 2012

Size really does matter.

This subject has been one that I really have wanted to post about. I do believe that people who have already had WLS will understand this and those who are going to have it here is your warning.

 No matter how much or how fast you lose weight... you mind always lags behind.

I have lost over 130 pounds and I can honestly look in the mirror and acknowledge that the weight is gone but still not actually see it as gone. It is something that is impossible to understand because I always swore I would never be that person. I remember one night at my friends house we were discussing my surgery (my friend had already had hers) and she told me that I would not see it even though it actually happened. I swore up and down I would never be that person and that I would celebrate every single milestone and be so jazzed no matter how much I lost. I mean anything was better than what I was at pre-op. Now here I am 3 and half months later staring in the mirror in drastically smaller clothes thinking "I just don't see it" I get comments from friends and family all the time telling me that I look great or that I seem to have all this life and energy in me and I don't see it. Now this isn't me trying to be modest at all, I am being honest. Your brain and body has gone through so much post op that it takes it out of you and it's hard for your eyes to catch up to your brain.

That all being said if anyone else reading this thinking to themselves "I feel the same way" You aren't the only one. I do that all the time thinking I am the only that thinks this way when really almost everyone in our situation has thought this way at one time or another.

Just make sure to remember when someone tells you that you look good/great/amazing! Take it and thank the person because let's be honest who doesn't like being told they look good! lol


Til I post again...
-Pouch Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment